3/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
2 cups shredded coconut, toasted
1 cup Extra virgin coconut oil, melted
⅓ cup cacao powder
3 tablespoons of sweetener such as maple, coconut or rice malt syrup- you can adjust the sweetness to your taste
- Toast your almonds and coconut.
- Line a baking tray with tin foil or baking paper
- Melt coconut oil over a very low heat
- Add the cacao powder and sweetener, mix until well combined and the syrup is dissolved.
- Combine the slivered almonds and coconut in a bowl. Add the raw chocolate and stir until well combined.
- Spoon clusters onto the tray, slightly squeezing and shaping so they will stay together
- Place in the freezer immediately to set. Once set, remove and store in fridge
Make nut-free: Replace the almonds with more shredded coconut or toasted sunflower seeds
These are meant for sweet treats- try to limit to only 2 per serve, although refined sugar free and gluten-free, they are still high in energy and should be eaten as a wee treat rather then daily snack. Perfect for around Easter, instead of sugar and chemical laden Easter eggs!